Re: errors/seg-fault in hdgeant

Beni, Mark, and all,

It is not unexpected that the transition from g77 to gfortran might
cause errors in cernlib to surface.  I have already found and fixed one
in fluka routine bimsel.F.  You should make sure that your working
directory contains the file HDGeant/gelhad/bimsel.F and that you are
linking to a gelhad library that contains this file. and that it is
getting linked in ahead of the default copy in libgeant321.  I am using
my own Makefile (called Makefile.orig in the project directory) so I am
not sure what the default BMS make system is doing.

If you determine that this error is not just a mistake you made in the
built or geometry, can you create a page on the wiki containing ALL of
the information that I need to reproduce the error, including a log from
the failed run, and the starting random numbers, the output from
"gfortran -v" and "gcc -v" on the system where the error occurs?  From
that I will be able to reproduce the error and produce a fix.  Knowing
the internals of geant3, I think I can do this fairly quickly.

Richard Jones