Fri 11/14 12pm: - JLab Technical Computing Seminar

JLab Technical Computing Seminar
Friday, November 14, 2008, Noon
CEBAF Center F224

"Lattice QCD and Nuclear Physics from Jaguar"
Dr. Balint Joo, JLab High Performance Computational Scientist
Special Early Preview of this Upcoming Supercomputing '08 Blockbuster!

Lattice QCD: You've heard about it, now come and find out how it's done,
and the sort of things it does for the Lab's mission. We discuss the
workflow of lattice QCD calculations from gauge generation on the Jaguar
Cray XT Series supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Lab, to analysis
carried out on own JLab clusters, identifying the difficulties that we
need need to overcome. We'll also present some recent results. (There
will only be 2 real serious equations, and even those are just for looks...)

If you're interested, come along to F224-225 at 12:00 on Friday. You
can bring your lunch, or just go for a slightly early/delayed lunch
beforehand/afterward.

The talk should take 20 minutes with 5 minutes or so for questioning.