Re: truth points from hdgeant

Hi Mark,

    The so called "truth" information is contained in several objects in
DANA. These include:

DMCThrown
DMCTrackHit
DBCALTruthShower
DFCALTruthShower
DMCTrajectoryPoint
DTOFTruth
DSCTruthHit

where the DMCTrackHit objects contain truth hits for several detectors
including the CDC and FDC.

The s_HDDM_t pointer is purposely kept opaque so that the reconstruction
code remains agnostic as to the underlying file format. I would strongly
urge cautious movement here since we need to maintain this due to the
differing online and simulation file formats.

However, if you must get get at the s_HDDM_t pointer, here's how you
could do it:

s_HDDM_t *hddm_s = (s_HDDM_t*)loop->GetJEvent()->GetRef();

Regards,
-David

Mark M. Ito wrote:
> Folks,
>
> In Dana, is there a way to get at the truth points generated by
> hdgeant? Alternately, is there a way to get at the raw hddm structures
> themselves?
>
>  -- Mark

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[