Re: standard units in software

Hi Mark,

    I distinctly remember discussing this at a software meeting a long
time ago. However, it does not appear to have made it into the coding
conventions and a quick scan of meeting minutes was none too fruitful.

    I think we should add this to the coding conventions with the exact
units you suggest using Tesla for the magnetic field. Would you mind
adding the entry to the coding conventions wiki page? Then, we can
discuss it and ratify it at the software meeting next week.

Regards,
-David

Mark M. Ito wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Do we have an official set of standard units written down somewhere? I
> am talking about things like
>
> centimeters
> nanoseconds
> GeV
> Tesla? kilogauss?
>
> where one can assume a given quantity in the software is in standard
> units unless stated otherwise explicitly.
>
>  -- Mark

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[