Re: TVirtualUtilHist.h

Hi Blake,

    This looks a lot like an error you would get when the ROOT version
was changed, but you didn't do a "make clean" before doing a "make". The
BMS make system does not automatically regenerate the dependency files
every time it is run in order to save time. It could be changed to do
this if folks feel the benefit is worth the cost.

    As to the thread issues, without more details, I can't say give any
insight. I can say though that mixing ROOT versions by say combining
libraries compiled with different versions in the same executable or a
plugin compiled with a different version can lead to undetermined
results. If you could send a few more details, I may be able to give
better suggestions.

Regards,
-David

Blake Leverington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried recompiling my libraries and now I get this error:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/home/s4/leverin/gluex/svn/src/libraries/CDC'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `/usr/local/root/include/TVirtualUtilHist.h', needed by
> `.lib/Linux_RH-athlon-gcc3.4.4/libCDC.a(CDC_init.o)'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/s4/leverin/gluex/svn/src/libraries/CDC'
> make: *** [CDC] Error 2
>
> so I went looking for it and it doesn't seem to exist. Also, I seem to
> be having thread issues when I tried running the previous version. I
> noticed that the ROOT version (Version   5.22/00  17 December 2008) on
> the Indiana cluster is quite new. Would this be the issue?
>
> -Blake

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[