Re: missing events from hdgeant

Mark,

Yes, that feature is enabled/disabled by the somewhat verbose
compile-time switch

#define WRITE_ONLY_IF_SOMETHING_WAS_SEEN

in gout.F source file.  Just for fun sometime, you might do the command
"grep '# *define' *.F and browse to see what other little-known
behaviors are compile-time switchable in the code.

 From your particle gun command line below, I see that you have about
10% of the pions going in the upstream direction outside the acceptance
of any of the detectors.  For these events, there are no hits generated
and so the default behavior is to not write them to the hddm output
file.  In fact, wasn't this a feature you requested?  In any case, you
can override the value in gout.F yourself, or perhaps better, I can move
definitions like this into a central "steering" header file that
contains all of these global-behavioristic defines in one place, that
gets included into all of the source files.  You might want to bring
this up with the offline group and see if there is a consensus on how
these should be treated.

-Richard Jones