[Fwd: Video-conf.support/New forms/CERN closure] (fwd)

This may be of interest in thinking about the best way of handling video
conferencing at jlab.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 08:26:01 -0400
From: Will Brooks <brooksw@jlab.org>
To: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Eugene Chudakov <gen@jlab.org>
Subject: [Fwd: Video-conf.support/New forms/CERN closure]

Hi,

 I got this from CERN. This is how well they support video conferencing
there. It works almost flawlessly.

 People will say that CERN can do that because it's so huge. But I have
heard it's actually not as big as people think, in terms of real
employees. I'll bet if you scale down to jlab sizes, that the 35  fully
supported video conference rooms do not scale down to the number of
fully supported video conference rooms at jlab. Just in case you need
information to support arguing for better support there.....

- Will