Magnetic field maps

Hi Folks,

    As promised at last week's offline meeting, I have set up a wiki
page with information documenting our magnetic field maps called:
"Magnetic Field Maps for Solenoid" which can be found here:
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Magnetic_Field_Maps_for_Solenoid

I've tried to list the existing maps and some information about them. In
addition, I've also included some instructions on how to actually use a
different map so anyone wanting to try a different map can easily do so.
I've linked the new page both from the Offline Software page and the
Superconducting Solenoid page.

    In addition, I went ahead and updated the default map to be
solenoid_1500_20090312-2 which is the most recent 1500A ANSYS generated
map produced by Floyd Martin. I added the new map to the calib tree in
the repository so if you update to the newest source code, you'll also
want to update your calib directory to get the new map that is now required.

    There are a couple of maps that I still need to find info for, but
they have not been used (as far as I know) and may never be since
they've already been superceded.

    Please let me know if you run into any trouble or have any questions.

-David

 David Lawrence Ph.D.
 Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
 Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
 http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[