Re: Hall D targets

Hi Rory -

    the only target that we have physically planned at the moment is
liquid hydrogen (and probably deuterium). There was interest by some
groups of using helium, and that would proably also work as well. However,
our core physics program which will likely run for the first 4-5 years is
all hydrogen.

    For solid targets, the start counter drives the dimensions of the
available space. GlueX - doc 992 (from the Wiki) indicates that this
is 6.5 centimeter radius. The CDC starts at about 9cm radius.

    curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University