Re: TOF Electronics (fwd Beni/Fernando)

Hall D PID Mail List:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:02:28 -0500
From: beni zihlmann <bzihlman@indiana.edu>
To: Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>
Cc: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Matthew Shepherd <mashephe@indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: TOF Electronics

Hi Fernando,

here my answers to your questions
1) no fixed design. but it has to include diodes or some other means of
stabilization to handle
    high rates. splitting on some other means of getting two signals is
done at the base.
    Matt might have some input on this.

2) any CFD that shows similar performance as the old NIM based ORTEC 735
quad cfd is fine.
    we would like to test the CFD VME based from CAEN. but we did not
have a module at our
    disposal yet. The same is true for the cfd from Alberta.

3) 60ps is sufficient

4) 12 bit ADC is ok
     if at some point we decide to use the second wall of the TOF as a
pre-radiation detector
     this might be useful

cheers,
Beni