new edition of introductory sections to the Photon Source Designdocument

Dear colleagues,

Please find at the link below my revised editions of the first three
chapters of the Photon Source document.  The structure of the directory
is the one that was set up for this document by Jim Stewart.  The
contents of the chapterN directories have been updated, and the
bibliography file halld.bib in the top level directory.  The individual
directories chapter1, chapter2, and chapter3 contain updated ps files,
pdfs, and tarballs.  I did not attempt a top-level build, since the
remaining chapters of the document are probably stale by now.

http://zeus.phys.uconn.edu/halld/glueXreviews/taggerRev-11-2008/PPS_Review08

Since Franz asked me to rewrite the section on diamond lifetime, I went
ahead and rewrote the entire section on diamonds, including the sections
on the Crystal Mount, Crystal Alignment and Monitoring, and Crystal
Lifetime.  Jim, if any of these edits collide with new material from
Franz, please do your best to merge the changes.  If he left those
sections substantially unchanged, then please adopt my changes, because
I think I improved it.

Next, I am going to work on the tagger microscope and the active
collimator sections.  As soon as I get back from DNP, that is.

-Richard Jones