Comments on the ...

Hi Everyone -

  sorry for the delay in getting these two you, but here are my comments
on the "Technical Design of the Hall-D Polarize Photon Beam" document.
Overall the document is very well written, and most of my comments are
quite minor.

1) We should get a copy with a tarball fof the tex source files onto the
     portal so that we have a GlueX document number for this.

Page 38, paragraph 3. You state that we will run for two years at 10^7
intensity. I would bope that it is not this long, and that we are close to
10^8 in the first year of running.

Page 42, paragraph 2, line one  "electron beam", not "electron bean"

Page 68, section 5.4.1 Table ??  -- reference problem.

Page 68, section 5.4.2 line 2.  the 'here' is not needed in the line.

Page 76, in table and throughout the text you refer to a PDV type magent.
To the extent that it is possible, it would be good to define the term PDV.

Page 77, 7'th line  insert a comman after lower energy.

Page 77, you refere to a DW dipole twice without explanation.

Page 79, line 2, bremsstrahlung is not spelled correctly.

Page 89, title -- Instrumentation should be capitalized.

Page 89, line 8 -- measure should be measured

page 89, fourth line from the bottom, insert a comma after collimators.

Page 90, line 16 simple should be simply

Page 90, section 7.2 title, capitalize words.

Page 90, section 7.2  -- the short section appears to be devoid of information.
Is it needed?

Page 91, line 4, insert a comma after beam.

Page 92, line 4. Insert "desired" between "lowest" and "momentum"  and then remove "which one
wants to measure".

  Cheers -- Curtis
--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University