Re: simulation plans

Jim and all,

Before we get started with further design tweaking, I suggest that we
standardize to a single reference geometry.  Right now we are working
with a number of incompletely updated geometries, including residual
fragments from the 2-magnet design.  I think that all of the details
that we need are present right now in Tim's drawings.  What we need to
do is to gather all of these parts together and put them into the
standard geometry in subversion and tag it with a release number.  I
would like to check it over carefully myself for consistency.  Once that
is done, then we can move on from there with further refinements, such
as the ones you mention.

Shall we have a meeting this week at the regular time and discuss these
plans?

We also have a number of issues to discuss with regard to preparations
for the diamond measurements at CHESS next spring, and initialization of
contacts with industry for diamond thinning.  As of now, we still have
not obtained the diamonds from Glasgow that we plan to use for these
studies.

Richard Jones