uniform field region

Hello Yang, Franz, and Co.

I am trying to think how to summarize our specification on the field
uniformity in the clearest most general way. I propose making a drawing
like what is attached, and then specifying that for any two points
inside the hatched area that are less than 100 mm apart the difference
in field must be less than 3 parts in 10^4, and that the uniformity over
the whole hatched region must be better than 1%.

If I go in from the pole by 70mm my uniformity is only 3 parts in 10^4
and not 1 part in 10^4. Do other people agree with this? How far in from
the effective field boundary should we go and what uniformity does this
correspond to ?

Jim

uniform region-Model.pdf