Re: notes from today's meeting

Richard,
thanks a lot for the summary!
A few comments:
a) Hall-B experiment schedule: there is NO photon beam this years (despite
the notation 'eg1-dvcs,eg6' are not photon runs but polarized target runs
with NH3 target). We will have photon runs from March 2010 to April 2011
in Hall B (FROST-transversely polarized; HDice (or FROST with LiD if HDice
has problems); PrimEx). It would be best if we schedule test runs
during 2010/11 (if we want an earlier time slot, we cannot do anything
parasitically. Besdies, I'll be (co-)responsible for FROST and HDice runs.
b) I heard about the Photonis decision from John Domingo but I'd like to
switch to Hamamatsu anyway: Photonis tubes for high rates and reasonable
gains are >1" (rather large for typical scintillator sizes of ~5-20mm).
I'd like to test some Hamamatsu tubes with fast pulsers and in the Hall-B
bremsstrahlung beam (but I still wait for my ordered tubes to arrive).
c) beam energy calibration using Moellers: that was a great success at
Mainz but for our case I hardly can imagine how to get Moeller pairs into
the hodoscope.

Greetings

Franz

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Richard Jones wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>
> Please find my notes from today's meeting at the usual place on the wiki.
> Franz, please read the section on beam tests in Hall B and give your
> feedback.  We also need to hear from you about how the decision by Photonis
> to discontinue their line of phototubes is going to affect our construction
> plans for the fixed tagger array and the pair spectrometer counters.
>
> http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/BLTWG_Meeting_03/12/2009
>
> Richard Jones

                   Franz J. Klein, Associate Professor
                   CUA, Department of Physics
                   Washington, DC 20064
   office: Hannan Hall 206          phone: 202-319-6190
   or: Jefferson Lab,CC F-243       phone: 757-269-6671