Re: st.steel inserts in collimator cave sweep magnet

Hello Richard,

Tim and Slava Razmyslovich took a look on the 1st sweeping
magnet some time ago. It's difficult to see the structure
of the magnet without disassembling it (which is not easy).
However Elton found Fermilab specifications for this magnet.
According to them, the alluminum part seems to be a solid
block going through the whole magnet.

I put magnet's pictures (made by Tim/Slava) and technical
design doc to the wiki "Photon beam pipe" page.

Cheers,
       Alex