Power supply Specification tagger magnet

Hello Everyone

Paul Brindza is writing a specification for several power supplies which
will use the NMR control like we plan to use for the tagger magnet. By
far the simplest way for us to order this supply is to piggy back on
Paul's order. As he is writing his order now we need to give him the
specification for the supply now. This is what I understand to be the
specification.

0 - 200V
0 - 400A
NMR stabilized
10ppm drift per year
polarity reversing switch

The magnet is budgeted for FY 2012 so the bill must arrive after Oct 1 2011.

Comment:
This will enable us to run the magnet at 366A which corresponds to 1.8T.
We must be able to go to 1.8T for hysteresis suppression. The polarity
switch may be helpful in suppressing hysteresis. As the current is
relatively small the cost for such a switch should not be very large.

If you have any comments please let me know soon.

Jim