CDC downstream end plate

Hi Curtis,

I have been thinking about how to decrease the thickness of the
downstream end plate on the CDC.

Upstream Al plate on bottom when assembling straws. On top is a
temporary tooling plate similar to the upstream plate.
All the straws are located and glued together. The inserts are not glued
in at this time.
The tooling plate is removed and the thinner G10 plate is installed and
the inserts are glued in at this time. This way, the flatness of the G10
is not that important.

Just a thought. The downstream end plate can be 4mm G10. If we make the
shell (cylinder) somewhat substantial and attach to that for the
insertion rail bearings, we can reduce the downstream plate further.
What do you think?

Also, the 175cm dimension is to the inside of the end plates, right?
The diameters called out on the table in your write up are to the inside
of the end plates, right?

I have received the crimp pins you sent. Are they standard parts or
custom made?

Thanks!

Tim