Re: Contact Information for Electronics

Hi Fernando,
	Ah, ok, this makes sense, it is a good plan. I would intend to be
leaving them (CDC) with a shaper board properly set up for the new
preamp. So they should then be in a position to use real cable length.
	I'm cc'ing Joe and the list here, about the cable lengths... Is the
following known yet:
	What lengths of cable are expected for the FDC in what quantities each?
	What lengths of cable are expected for the CDC in what quantities each?
	All that I know so far is that the _maximum_ FDC cable is 21m (69
feet), and now also I learn same _maximum_ is anticipated on CDC (I'm
surprised by that a little bit, given what I think I remember of the
floorplan). It would be good to get to a table like this:

FDC cathode
-----------
N1 cables length 21 m
N2 cables length 19 m (or whatever)
N3 cables length 16 m (or whatever)

FDC anode
---------
similar

CDC
---
similar

	It is clear that equalization is needed to get the signals out of these
cables... To design it we need to get a firm handle on the lengths. This
_can_ be deferred - but I probably would prefer to sketch out some
actual design. For this at least I'd like to know the range of lengths
and how many different lengths. (Hopefully the range is small enough we
don't really need different values of equalization.)

	Gerard