Re: First look at GlueX Preamp response with FDC

Great Simon.   Two comments.
1) Can you simply turn down  the HV  to eliminate the clipping?
2) The polarity of the signals at the output of the preamp will not
change  for Anode or Cathode input due to the use of a dual input preamp.
    Negative (Anode ) signals  go to Input A  and Positive (Cathod)
signals go to Input B.    ( I would say the +  and - inputs but in a non
fed back
differential output system the  + and - concept are nearly arbitratry.
We use the A, and B convention because the shaper has a  pre offset to
exploit more of the available  dynamic range.      - Mitch