Re: Wire specs

Hi Tim -

  for the CDC:

  *  it is 20 micron diameter gold-plated tungston.

  * We nominally need (2.0m)*3100 = 6200 meters of wire.
  * We add 50% to this to allow for breakage ->  ~ 9000m of wire total.

  * The diameter specs are reasoanbel. However, we need to specify
     as large a yield point as we can get.

  Cheers - Curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University