Re: Cathode Films from Sheldahl

Hi Simon,
	I think you may be overlooking something... -->

resistivity of gold
  2.2E-8 Ohm*m

surface resistivity @ 900 Angstroms
  2.2E-8 Ohm*m / 9E-8 m = 0.244 Ohm (per square)

length of longest strip
  about 242 squares

characteristic impedance
  who knows - not simulated - but surely on the order of 100 Ohms at the
most

signal loss (at the most optimistic) 1-exp(-242*0.244/100)=45%

not so good, I think.
and this simple analysis did not mention the noise contribution of this
resistance. probably nonzero.

I think this all needs to be considered more carefully. A real
calculation of the cathode line impedance and attenuation and the noise
contributed by it, should be done.

	- Gerard

p.s. Yes I do agree with the concern about handling (and connecting to)
any super-thin layers whether copper or gold.