Re: Meeting minutes

Hi Dan,
	I finally got around to reading your minutes from last week...
	The nickel-flash then electroplate copper method is (I am guessing)
probably related to the resistivity problem we had on that cathode
sample that I was intending to measure capacitance on. I'm sorry if I'm
stating the obvious but I assume you are taking the requirement to have
a high sheet resistivity in the "no-copper" areas of the cathode into
account in your deliberations with the material suppliers. Of course in
the end this resistivity is a function of the base material and the
etching or other patterning process - so maybe the material supplier
alone will not have the full answer. You didn't mention this in your
minutes -- I apologize if I am going over a point that has already been
well discussed.
	The specification document you are preparing for the cathodes will of
course include a minimum isolation resistance between adjacent strips,
and name a specific test voltage, e.g., 50V, that shall be used to check
it. Right?

	- Gerard

p.s. For the "tests of soldering to a dummy cathode boards (covered
completely with Copper)" are you guys trying a Metcal soldering station?
  Such a gadget can usually deal with soldering to even a very heavy
ground plane using a fairly small tip such as 1/16" chisel...