Fe-55 Tests

Hi Yves and Curtis,

I was looking over the results posted under "ASIC design optimizations"
and the results are encouraging. The statistics are definitely poor but
I can observe the energy peaks for Fe-55 in Ar.

The first plot at 1750V shows the 5.9 KeV peak on channel 1700 (this is
what I can guess from the plot) and the Ar escape peak of 3.2 KeV on
channel 750. If these peaks are correct, the scale is 352 channels/KeV.

The second plot at 1800V shows the 5.9 KeV peak on channel 2450 and the
Ar escape peak of 3.2 KeV on channel 1450. The scale is 370 channels/KeV.

I presume you are using a 12-bit ADC or 4096 channels. This suggest that
you are operating at about half the ADC scale with Fe-55. Then it is
just a matter of scaling to the operating conditions (track length,
particles, etc.) and verify if the gain of the preamp is appropriate.

However, I strongly suggest getting considerably more statistics to
verify the two peaks for the Fe-55 in Ar. Eventually, you need to
prepare for a brief presentation outlining these results and supplement
with data such as MIP, Fe-55, other particle estimates, other sources, etc.

Regards,
Fernando

P.S.: I am out today and won't be able to be on the conference call.