Re: CDC phase shifts

Hi Beni -

   the holes through the endplates are smaller than the straw ID. They
are the size of the inner donut piece. The design requires that the
straws (OD) just touch in a given layer. I suspect that the small numbers
that you are seeing are the results of measurements we did on the physical
OD of the straws.

   during construction, a donut is glued into each straw. This is then placed
inside the chamber volume and the inner part of the donut goes through
each endplate and into the hole in the donut. This is all then glued in place.

    - Curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University