Re: Combined tracking meeting

Hi Curtis,
	I read your doc, just wanted to mention that as far as the ADC125 is
concerned there would certainly be an option either to have it be 14
bits or to apply some nonlinear stage in the analog input signal
conditioning. Actually 14 bits has for a long time been planned as the
baseline pcb design so it can be stuffed either for 12 or 14 bits
operation, so that all is trivial (except for the higher price of the 14
bit chips). Nonlinear signal processing needs a lot of detailed
discussion, it is not going to get into this summer's pcb layout, but I
am pretty sure there will be enough room on the board to add something
if we need to in a future version. Of course if the ADC voltage scale is
made nonlinear the FPGA will also have to transform it back (with more
bits) to linear form before integrating the charge, etc. But this should
be feasible.
	Asking for only a factor of 20 in dynamic range sounds low, but I'll
wait to hear details at the meeting...

	Gerard