Re: CDC prototype

Hi All,

I had some discussion with Gary and I can list some things we learned by
wiring up this prototype:

- The teflon wires are very stiff and difficult to handle, all the wires
have the same length at the moment - it would make things easier if all
wires have different lengths dependent on the distance: connector-wire.
   --> use different cable?

- It would be good to glue the pin in the pinholder (add one drip of glue)
after stringing the wires. In this way it is not so easy to break a wire
if something goes wrong with connecting the cables to it. We plan to do
this in the future.

- Due to the fact that 8 straws are not read out (the preamp now has only
16 channels) the mapping is messed up (those 8 straws have to be on the
edges) - this did not make things easier.

Overall it was not easy to cable those straws up and more thinking is
needed. We also plan on building a model to test more possibilies. Our
priority at the moment is to finish the new prototype first.

Cheers,
 	Yves

                           /--------------------------------
                          /   Yves Van Haarlem
        _--~~--_         /
      /~/_|  |_\~\      /      Carnegie Mellon University
     |____________|    /        Department of Physics
     |[][][][][][]|:= /          Wean Hall room 8404
   __| __         |__ \       	 Pittsburgh, PA 15213
  |  |[] []  ==   |  |   \   	    Tel.:   +1 412 268-6949
  |  |____________|  |    \                  +1 412 641-9252
  /__\            /__\     \	      Fax.: +1 412 681-0648