Next FDC Group meeting

Folks,

The next FDC Group meeting is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday) at
1:30 p.m. in A110 (***NOTE NEW ROOM***).  For those folks who cannot
make the meeting, please let me know, and also be sure to look over the
agenda and give me updates on the items for which you are responsible.
Let me know if you have any questions.

 				Regards,

 				   Daniel

FDC Weekly Meeting Agenda
November 6, 2008
-----------------------------
1. Full-scale prototype update.
     - procurements:
        - rigid-flex assemblies
          - status of order
        - status of sense and field wire order
           - delivery estimate
           - confusion on sense wire spec
        - status of PR for ordering Rohacell (110IG)
           - delivery estimate
        - status of PR for G10 sheets
           - delivery estimate
        - update on FDC prototype spreadsheet
        - component storage and databasing
     - contact with Allflex re: our time line
     - spacer frame
        - material selection (CH2, polypropylene, Noryl, Nylon-xx)
        - prototype spacer construction
     - cooling system test report
     - HV connections to packages
2. Wire frame update.
     - preparations for Phase 2
        - status of paperwork
        - status of transport box
        - timeline for start
     - wire frame construction:
        - update on prototype work
        - work to control the epoxy during lamination
        - construction procedure document updates
        - specification/tolerance document
     - 3D models of PCBs to Bill
     - document/instruction for board stuffing + cleaning
3. Cathode construction update.
     - R&D schedule for cathodes
     - cathode update:
        - status of gas flow for boards in box
        - SEM study of sample board
     - cathode R&D work
        - construction procedure document/outline
        - in situ tension measurements
        - finalize tension setting
        - measure cathode distortions in two directions
        - finalize glue strip design (non-silicon materials)
        - Herun's distortion studies
     - flatness measurement system:
        - update basic checkout of system
        - measurement of granite table surface flatness
        - flatness measurements of cathode prototypes
     - update on cutting cathode edges
     - ground connections to cathode
     - ground plane attachment status
     - document for QA/stuffing/cleaning cathodes
     - document for QA/stuffing/cleaning cathode daughter boards
4. Small-scale prototype test update.
     - ASIC update
     - ASIC submission timeline
     - update on x/y plots with 2 um cathodes and pulser calibrations.
     - resolution measurements
* Dr. Daniel S. Carman                   e-mail : carman@jlab.org    *
* Staff Scientist                        office : (757)-269-5586     *
* Jefferson Laboratory                   web: www.jlab.org/~carman   *