Re: HVB

Hi Yves,

Most likely your HV supply has an SHV connector. I suggest you get an
SHV receptacle and solder the red HV cable for the HVB to the center
contact and solder an insulated wire (perhaps 16 AWG or thicker) to the
shell (ground). You should connect this ground wire directly to the
detector endplate. The connector that the HVB plugs into will also have
the ground connection to the endplate. This is the configuration for the
CDC detector.

The ground connector on the board provides an optional ground connection
and there is a resistor in series (100 Ohm) to minimize the impact from
ground loops. This is also detailed on the test report I placed on the wiki.

Regards,
Fernando

Yves Van Haarlem wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> We just recieved the new HVB!
>
> One question: we need to solder an SHV connector to the HV cable but
> it has only one conductur without shield. Do you expect us to solder
> the HV ground to the hefty ground connection on the edge of the board?
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Cheers,
>     Yves
>
>                           /--------------------------------
>                          /   Yves Van Haarlem
>        _--~~--_         /
>      /~/_|  |_\~\      /      Carnegie Mellon University
>     |____________|    /        Department of Physics
>     |[][][][][][]|:= /          Wean Hall room 8404
>   __| __         |__ \            Pittsburgh, PA 15213
>  |  ||. |   ==   |  | \           USA
>  |  |[] []  ==   |  |   \           Tel.:   +1 412 268-6949
>  |  |____________|  |    \                  +1 412 641-9252
>  /__\            /__\     \          Fax.: +1 412 681-0648
begin:vcard
fn:Fernando J. Barbosa
n:Barbosa;Fernando J.
org:Jefferson Lab
adr:Suite #10, 12B3;;12000 Jefferson Ave.;Newport News;VA;23606;USA