needed studies list

Folks,

At the tracking meeting yesterday, Elton suggested we focus efforts on
studies that are relevant for design. In response, I've started a wiki
page to collect a list of needed studies. Right now it only has items
from the meeting, but the scope can obviously be much wider (beyond
tracking hardware design). I'm thinking it could serve as a place to put
ideas so that they are not lost and as a resource for people looking for
ideas for what to work on.

Right now it is linked from the offline software wiki page. Find it at
http://tinyurl.com/bhz9hk and attached as text.

  -- Mark

Needed Studies

From GlueXWiki

   The proposed use of this page is to list studies needed to support
   detector design, software design, proposals, data analysis, etc. This
   was motivated by Elton's suggestions at the February 23, 2009 Tracking
   meeting.
    1. Geometry optimization of the FDC
          + layer arrangement: half-cell stagger
          + location and number of packages
          + number of cathode strip planes per anode wire plane (1 or 2?)
    2. Relative placement of the FDC and CDC
          + how best to close the gap
    3. Do we need to map the magnet?
          + Estimates of trajectory error with small variations of
            magnetic field
          + Study variation in resolution with non-ideal magnetic fields.
            Consider reasonable variations in
               o coil position
               o coil orientation
               o coil shape