Re: HV distribution update

Hi Elton,

That's a good idea.

On the FDC, one wire plane is fed from 4 HV channels (sense), with the
wires close to the beam grouped less densely than the wires away from
the beam. Dan has looked at this and performed some calculations based
on rates. The HV is distributed via the PCBs (HVTBs). Dan has also
looked at failure scenarios but it is worth reviewing this issue again.

On the CDC, there is more freedom to choose which wires are connected to
one HV channel through the HVB card. The limitation is on the length of
the cables connecting the straws to the card. I don't recall seeing a
study on the failure modes for the CDC in this regard but I believe
Curtis and Yves are looking at this.

Regards,
Fernando