Re: SiPM Teleconference Nov 20

Hi folks:

here is a nice site for cooling solutions that we may wish to use for the 4x4 array of Silicon PMTs (termed the 'Sensor Module'). Courtesy of Keith, who had interacted with them a few years ago on behalf of a Chemistry AFM lab here in Regina.

http://www.novelconceptsinc.com/

The miniature Copper heat sink (under liquid-cooled heat sinks) looks attractive and about the right size. Look at slides 5 and 6 on the slide show off the main page show the 3-D rendering of this device. They also have Peltier Coolers and other nice toys.

Cheers, Zisis...

P.S I am also cc-ing this email to the new email list server that Elton setup for the BCAL. When everyone has subscribed to it, we can simply email to that address and catch everyone.

To sign up, send e-mail to majordomo@jlab.org. In the message text (not
the subject) enter the following:

subscribe halld-bcal

You will then get a confirmation email with a verification code.
---
Dr. Zisis Papandreou | email: zisis@uregina.ca
Department of Physics | tel. : (306) 585-5379
University of Regina | tel. : (306) 585-4149
Regina, SK S4S 0A2 | fax. : (306) 585-5659

World Wide Web: http://www.phys.uregina.ca/sparro/zisis/