GlueX portal doc 731 (fwd from Christina)

Hall D barrel calorimeter:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 12:58:05 +0200 (EET)
From: Christina Kourkoumeli <hkourkou@phys.uoa.gr>
To: george.lolos@uregina.ca
Cc: Elton Smith <elton@jlab.org>, Elliott Wolin <wolin@jlab.org>, zorn@jlab.org,
     Zisis Papandreou <zisis@uregina.ca>,
     George J. Lolos <gboulgaris@phys.uoa.gr>
Subject: GlueX portal doc 731

Dear all,
In addition of out Tomo report on the fine mesh PMT's performance, we have
submitted the above doc in the portal.This doc-prompted by Carl's last
report- is short but summarizes a more than a year long investigation of
the readout system both by MC and experimental experience with several
PM's,LED's ,the baby calorimeter etc.
The Hamamatsu is ready to negociate the PMT price. I will try to get the
price down provided their is some positive feed back from you.
                                   Best regards,
                                    Christine