Re: BCAL06 note version 1.1

Title:
Blake,

These results are coming together nicely, thanks to your hard work!  I have a few comments.
  1. Going from mean-time resolution to single-end time resolution you multiply by sqrt(2), not divide.  This is because the mean-time is tM=(tS+tN)/2 where you grow by sqrt(2) by summing the two (equivalent) ends but then divide by 2, so the tM resolution is better than either end.
  2. I am surprised that combining the different layers does not give you much improvement in the resolution.  Assuming independence, you should get approximately a factor 1/sqrt(2) in combining layers 7 and 8.  This means they are correlated.  Have you taken a look at tM7-tphoton vs tM8-tphoton to see if the correlation is as strong as this seems to indicate?
  3. I find the double negatives "- (-tphoton) confusing.  I suggest that you write "- tTagger" everywhere and avoid the confusion of the reversed polarity of the tphoton field in the root ntuple.
Have you taken a look at the runs away from normal incidence?

Richard J.
Blake Leverington wrote:
Hi all,

I've posted the preliminary draft of the note on timing resolution for the BCal to the wiki. You can find it directly here:
http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/BCal_Timing_Resolution_Note

I'm going home to sleep now. Send me all your comments or complaints.

-Blake

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature