Re: BCAL06 note version 1.1

Hi Blake,

    This is a nice first draft and you have done a nice bit of work
here. I have been thinking about the problem of extracting the intrinsic
timing resolution of the BCAL some more and have a few further thoughts.
I started to write them down here, but there are too many formulas so I
went ahead and wrote it up with LaTeX and put it on the DocDB
(GlueX-doc-802). I'm note sure if you have time to go over the data
again using the procedure it describes, but I wanted to at least archive
it since I think I understand it now.

    One of the main issues for me is how accurate it is to use the
tagger energy to parameterize the cell resolution. It will work
(obviously from your note), but it may add additional error that you can
avoid by using the ADC values instead. Anyway, you can take a look at
the note. It is fairly similar to what you've done. Let me know if you
have any questions or I missed anything.

Regards,
-David

Blake Leverington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've posted the preliminary draft of the note on timing resolution for
> the BCal to the wiki. You can find it directly here:
> http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/BCal_Timing_Resolution_Note
>

> I'm going home to sleep now. Send me all your comments or complaints.
>
> -Blake

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[