Re: list of assignments for bcal decision

Hi George

Sure thing - you did mention the 20 MeV threshold in your note and
from your numbers the expected number of photoelectrons assuming
20% PDE is 40 or equivalent to about 2.5 p.e. for a standard vacuum
tube.  Your comment about cabling and impact on seeing 20 MeV
is very relevant.  I will try to get some of those acceptance numbers
vs min energy out soon.

Cheers
Alex

At 11:03 AM -0600 4/13/07, George Lolos wrote:
>Hi Elton:
>
>I did not have time yet to look at your posting, I will do later today.
>I assume you didn't have time to read the draft I sent you yesterday.
>We can address those on Monday.
>
>The threshold of 20 MeV, needs to be investigated particularly so in
>terms of the approximate 2 radiation lengths of cables from the
>chambers.  In  my report, I explicitly mention the 20 MeV threshold in
>terms of the energy deposition in the SciFi's (~2.4 MeV) and the
>resulting numbers of P.E.'s in the SiPM's.
>
>I agree that SensL will not take part in our discussions and I don't
>think they would do this even if we asked them to.  I also think that
>the opportunity for us as a group to invite them to attend a specific
>session, the emphasis is on the invitation and specific session, is
>invaluable for the rest of the working group to hear first hand where
>they are in terms of the R&D and further progress, costs and everything
>we feel it's important for us to know. We therefore have to decide among
>us on Monday when is the optimal time for such session and communicate
>this to SensL.  I would think that the second session on Monday morning
>may be a good time, we would have the first session to get the questions
>together and look at the road map.  Elke's suggestion for the afternoon
>on Monday is also a good alternative, if their travel plans allow it.
>
>George

>HI George,
>
>I have posted an update to the note on specifications and evaluation of
>readout options (GlueX-doc-795). Before you get too excited: this is
>just
>a draft and I am trying to prepare a framework for evaluating various
>options. The numbers I have included need to checked and we need to
>discuss whether my logic is appropriate. These issues also need to be
>considered along with the information you are putting together.
>
>One particular issue that I became aware of is that many of the
>requirements are driven by conditions at the nominal threshold of 20
>MeV.
>We can discuss the implications of this requirement on Monday at our
>phone
>conference.
>
>We also need to think about an goals and agenda for the workshop Apr
>23-24. It appears that we will have visitors from SensL, but I do not
>think they should participate in all our discussions, although their
>input
>would be very valuable. Elke has suggested to meet with them on Monday
>afternoon after we have had some time for internal discussions in the
>morning. We also need to schedule video conference sessions where others
>can participate remotely (e.g. Christina and Richard + others).
>
>Cheers, Elton.
>

>>                                           Christine
>>  > HI George,
>>  >
>>  > See below:
> [...]

Alex R. Dzierba
Chancellor's Professor of Physics (Emeritus)
Department of Physics / Indiana U / Bloomington IN 47405 / 812-855-9421
JLab Visiting Fellow
Jefferson Lab / 12000 Jefferson Ave / Newport News, VA 23606 / 757-269-7577
Home Phone: 812-825-4063  Cell:  812-327-1881  Fax: 866-541-1263
http://dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu/~dzierba/