Re: adc spectra for BCAL test run 2334

Sorry, forgot to finish my message:

On Jun 13, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Matthew Shepherd wrote:

> On to the ratio plots:  you will always have modules that have very
> little energy deposition and therefore very low numbers of ADC
> counts on each end.  For example if you have modules whose ADC
> counts are drawn from the spectra on the first slide I can believe
> there are many such modules with
>
> north : south
> 1:1
> 1:2
> 2:2
> 2:3
> 3:2
> 4:2
> 5:2
>
> and so forth.  It looks like all of these common low count
> "fractions" get populated in your histogram.  I see small peaks at
> 3/2 5/2, 7/2, 1/2, 1/4, 3/4, 2/3, etc..

Your last plot further supports this -- you can see that when you hit
one of these heavily populated fractions, the average ADC value is
very near zero.  To me, this just means you are looking at ratios of
a couple count fluctuations about zero.  These ratios are quantized
and produce the peaks you see.

-Matt