Re: FCAL test

On Sep 16, 2007, at 9:55 PM, David Lawrence wrote:

> This problem can be overcome by breaking your "outer" detectors
> into 4 groups and shifting them like an iris so that they exactly
> bound the "inner" detectors.

Aha yes, .. interesting -- although with the circular stack of glass
that will add a whole new degree of difficulty to the glass support
structure.

> PrimEx also did beam tests to study the boundary between lead glass
> (TF-1) and lead tungstate (PbWO4). The lead glass was 3.84x3.84
> cm^2 while the PbWO4 was 2x2 cm^2. I can't seem to find the note
> just now, but I can dig it up if you are interested.

I remember talking to you about this at one point.  Didn't you say
that even after extensive beam tests most PrimEx analyses tossed out
these "hybrid" showers that hit the overlap region?

-Matt