Re: FCAL test

>>> May be all of this is not a serious problem as the dose
>>> should drop with 1/r.
>>
>> I believe the drop is much faster than 1/r.
>>
> that would be very suprising wouldn't it

Why?  If I remember from Richard, the angular dependence is like 1/
theta^3 which corresponds to basically 1/r^3.  You can look at the
plot -- remember it is a logarithmic scale.

> I agree we don't need an absolut transmission measurement, but we
> need the
> absolut gain vs wavelength as I said above. Is there some document
> to read
> about the proposed system, I have heard different things what is
> proposed.

The proposed system is similar to that of E852, but hasn't been
carefully revisited.  You can find nice descriptions of this system
and its performance in Nucl.Instrum.Meth.A387:377-394,1997.  Maybe
one could get some crude wavelength dependence with this system by
pumping different types if scintillator with the laser.

-Matt