Note on Calorimeter Fits

Dear calorimetry enthusiasts,

I put GlueX-doc 879 on the portal.  This is a very short (1 page)
note that describes the so-called "crystal ball line shape."  I
propose we consider using this in future parametrizations of
calorimeter performance since it allows for low energy tail due to
leakage while still maintaining a consistent description of the core
gaussian distribution.

Unfortunately I couldn't find an original reference, we use this
function all the time in CLEO and it has even propagated into some
mainstream fitting packages.  Perhaps most of you have heard of it
already.  In any case I thought I would post a short note just for
reference.

Cheers,

Matt