Re: more on BCAL light yield estimates

Dear all,
Let me also add some input to these arguments:few years ago I have done
exactly what Alex did:I took the transmission spectra measured in Regina
and available in the portal for different lengths of fibers and for blue
and green fibers digitized them after normalizing to the tails and
furthermore I have multiplied by a typical Bialkali QE (all as a function
of lambda ). After the product was done then I observed the following:
at 5cm the green gave as much light as the blue
but at 175cm (the longest length available) the green was only 75% of the
blue.This was also verfied by us with a rough experiment using UV light
and green/blue fibers.So our conclusion was that the green fiber is not
justifiable for a PM read-out.
Concerning the absolute numbers ,with different MC we always got
collection efficiency from both sides of the fiber higher than 9% so we
always assumed that it was 9% per side.
But I do agree that the spectrum after 2m of (175cm) has to be normalized
to the 2cm one-absolute measurement-and then multiplied by the functional
SiPM or PM efficiency to arrive at the right numbers.
                             Cheers,Christine