From: Charles Hurlbut <churlbut@eljentechnology.com>
To: Dr. Paul Eugenio <eugenio@fsu.edu>
Cc: Chris Maxwell <cmaxwell@eljentechnology.com>
Subject: Re: EJ-500
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 08:31:34 -0600

Hi Paul,

Yes.  Your remember correctly.  It was I, when I set up the Bicron Organic
Scintillator operation in 1981, that established the formula for BC-600.
Over the years, I have not found a material with the nice blend of
properties that BC-600 has and , hence, our EJ-500 is the same stuff.
Exactly.

We would be happy to quote on your 200 gallons of EJ-500, packaged in gallon
cans which would be a fairly convenient size for your use since the mixed
epoxy batches should be kept relatively small so as to avoid exotherm
build-ups in large mised batches.  Gallon packaging of the resin component
would realize some nice economies.  The hardener would be supplied in a
single glass bottle, 1 quart hardener to about 1 gallon of resin.

The EJ-500 data sheet is attached for your convenience.

Your project sounds very interesting.  If you have an easy to send
description, I would enjoy reading about it.

Feel free to come back with any additional questions you might have.

All the best........Chuck