Re: light collection in bcal outer layers

Dear Elton,
I also read your note and I find it useful -for once more-to advocate for
the use of Field resistant PM's.The light guides will be much shorter, we
will avoid the use of sharp angles and the cost of mirrors. I do not know
the price of 3" but the aditional cost+high quality mirrors+etc may pay
part of the additional field resistant cost.It would be very interesting
to have at least this information concerning the loss of photons.
                        Cheers,Christine
pS.I also think that given your segmentation+low efficiency you will loose
the few photons produced in most cases.