Re: Lead glass blocks

Hi Tim,
the radiation hard version of the lead glass we have in mind is called
F108. It has the same
chemical composition as the non radiation hard version F8 (also referred
to as F8-00).
The only difference is that it has a small admixture of CeO2 (Cerium
oxide). This small chemical admixture will not alter the basic physical
properties of the material. This admixture will however
modify the optical properties of the material. It makes it slightly
colored (brownish) but will
prevent the formation of additional color centers due to radiation.

cheers,
Beni