Re: Attenuation length for GEANT

Colleagues,

To clear up some questions regarding the attenuation length model in the
lead glass that was derived by Radphi, I have posted some plots and a
brief note on the wiki. Please find it at the address below.  The short
answer is that there is no evidence I can find of a number like 160cm in
any of the Radphi records, but that is a matter of dusty archives at MK
and I can sort out.  Meanwhile, the definitive treatment is described in
my note.

http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Attenuation_Results_from_Radphi

Richard Jones

Kornicer, Mihajlo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> originally it was 100 cm in the simulation, but I remember number like
> 166cm from Radphi so I chose 160.   I also think Chris favored
> attenuation lenght of ~200cm more than ~100cm for some reason, which I
> do not remember now.
>
> I hope this helps a little bit.
> Mihajlo
>

>> Hi Mihajlo or Richard,
>>
>> What is the source of the attenuation length choice of 160 cm for the
>>  FCAL?  We should probably cite this in the simulation document.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matt

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature