Re: Thoughts on motivating tof for Review

Hi Alex  -

  thanks for summarizing the contents of this note. I believe that
the p-pi separation in the BCAL is something that we have
been claiming for quite some time now. The fact that it works
with a "pesimistic" timing resolution in the BCAL is indeed very
good.

   If we couple this result with what Matt Bellis has been showing
about what we can do with a kinematic fit, we see that separation
of pi and K is possible, but with a well designed PID system, the
separation and acceptance will go way up.

  Cheers -- Curtis

--
Professor Curtis A. Meyer        Department of Physics
Phone:  (412) 268-2745          Carnegie Mellon University