Re: Pulse height amplitude (fwd from Fernando)

-------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:21:25 -0400
From: Fernando J. Barbosa <barbosa@jlab.org>
To: George Lolos <George.Lolos@uregina.ca>
Cc: Elke-Caroline Aschenauer <elke@jlab.org>, "elton@jlab.org" <elton@jlab.org>,
     Carl Zorn <carl.zorn@jlab.org>, Kathryn Janzen <janzen2k@uregina.ca>
Subject: Re: Pulse height amplitude

Hi George,

Thanks for the information. The pulse amplitudes seem reasonable. It may be
possible to increase the range if these amplifiers are being fed from +/- 5V
supplies - something to discuss with SensL after all the tests are performed.

The fADC has been designed for -0.5, -1 and -2 V amplitude ranges. Eventually,
we will also need to consider the issue of the splitters (passive of active
buffer) and their impact on amplitudes and S/N.

Regards,
Fernando