GX-doc 1045 on Light Guide Surfaces

Dear colleagues,

I've just uploaded document 1045 to the portal.  This note documents
work done by Sam Adams and Chris Cude on characterizing the
transmission of the light guide prototypes.  It also provides a
discussion of studies regarding mechanical coupling of light guides to
blocks.  The net result is that we anticipate a net gain in photon
collection efficiency of a factor of 2.3 over RadPhi.  The net change
in the statistical term of the energy resolution depends on what
fraction of that term is due to photostatistics.  Our estimates are
that the statistical term in the energy resolution should be about
5.7% / sqrt(E) for GlueX.

We are working on a stable technique and setup to do QA testing for
light guides  -- I think one lesson we've all learned is not to trust
our eyes.

-Matt