BCAL06 online database crash

Hi Folks,

    I was informed yesterday that the database server which housed the
online run information from the 2006 BCAL beam test has died. This was
linked from the BCAL06 wiki page as "Online DAQ Database". This database
contained information like the following: beam currents, begin and end
run times, shift operators, number of events, etc..

Note that we still have the run table on the wiki that lists all of the
important runs by number and conditions
(http://www.jlab.org/Hall-D/software/wiki/index.php/Run_Table). The data
itself is kept somewhere else and unaffected by this.

    The question is whether there is any need to attempt recovery of
this database from the disk. The disk is believed to be in good shape,
so we can access the files. But without the server running, it will be
difficult to extract the data itself. Hence, my inquiry as to how
important this is before investing any time into it. Please let me know
if anyone thinks they might need this information in the future since if
we don't try this now, it is unlikely we'll be able to locate the disk
to try it later.

Regards,
-David

  David Lawrence Ph.D.
  Staff Scientist                 Office: (757)269-5567   [[[  [   [ [
  Jefferson Lab                   Pager:  (757)584-5567   [  [ [ [ [ [
  http://www.jlab.org/~davidl     davidl@jlab.org         [[[  [[ [[ [[[