Re: distinguishing single end hits from non-shower hits

Hi Blake,

if a hit originated from the middle of the counter it would probably be
seen by both ends. I would assign a single-end hit to the nearby
same-end cluster with the appropriate energy adjustment, otherwise
discard it.

In the case when several clusters can claim a hit, you will have to
decide how to share hit-energy depending on energies and positions of
nearby clusters. You can probably use some Monte Carlo shower profiles
in making decision, but that might be an overhead.
If you decide not to share but just to glue a hit to the best
candidate, you would need to check weather you skew the pi0 mass.

Again, you need to see if the inclusion of single-end hits is the first
or higher-order correction to the energy resolution, especially for low
energy photons.

Cheers,
Mihajlo